Archive for the ‘Urdu Recipes’ Category
Spiced Lemon Rice
- Basmati rice 200 g
- Light olive oil 1 tbsp
- Fresh curry leaves 12-14
- Red chilli(dried) 1
- Cinnamon stick(1″) 2.5 cm
- Cloves 2-3
- Cardamom pods 4-6
- Cumin seeds 2 tsp
- Turmeric 1/4 tsp
- Juice of lemon 1 large
- Water(boiling) 450 ml
- Sea salt
- Coriander leaves to garnish
- Place the rice in a sieve and wash it thoroughly under cold runing water.
- Drain well and set aside.
- Heat the oil in a nonstick saucepan, when it is hot add the curry leaves, chilli, cassia or cinnamon, cloves, cardamom, cumin seeds and turmeric.
- Stir-fry for 20-30 seconds and add the rice.
- Stir-fry for 2 minutes, then add the lemon juice and the measured water.
- Bring to the boil, cover the pan tightly and reduce the heat to low.
- Cook for 10-12 minutes, remove from the heat and allow to stand understand for 10 minutes.
- Fluff up the rice with a fork, season and garnish with chopped coriander before serving.
Stir Fry Rice and Beef
- Sirloin 2 lb
- Onion 1 md
- Green Bell Pepper 1 md
- Vegetable Oil 2 tbsp
- Garlic Cloves 2
- Long Grain Rice 3 cup
- Ketchup 1 cup
- Sugar 1/2 cup
- Vinegar 1 ds
- Cut meat into thin slices, about 1 inch long.
- Cut onions into wedges, and pepper into thin strips, removing seeds.
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in Wok over high heat, add meat and garlic.
- Stir fry until meat is brown and tener, about 5 minutes.
- Remove from wok.
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in wok over medium high heat.
- Add onion and pepper.
- Stir fry until evgetables are tneder crisp, about 2 minutes.
- Add meat and rice to Vegetables.
- Combine all remaining ingredients in saucepan, bring to a Boil and then simmer for 15 minutes.
- Pour over rice, meat and Vegetables.
- Stir fry until mixed well, serve warm.